8/10/2018 -Tamarack Lodge has NOT been affected, other than HAZE (usually in the morning hours), from the Fergusen Fire or Donnell Fire.
Please not that the Pacific Crest trail going south, some parts of the Carson Iceberg Wilderness, Spicer Reservior (on water only), and Highland lakes area all have been temporarily closed due to the Donnell Fire which is over by Highway 108.
Even with these closures we are still one of the least affected area’s of the High Sierra with smoke worse to the North and South and lower foothills.
Note when you book a room – unless we have evacuation orders (highly unlikely as the fires not likely to reach us unless there is a big change in wind), we are NOT giving refunds.
We do have space available for the coming weekends and offers mid week specials. Cheapest rooms rate are booked through this web site. Hope to see you soon. Innkeepers and new owners, Tim and Vicky Johnson.
Nature Enthusiast Mountain Friendly Tamarack Lodge at Bear Valley
– is a Family owned, Family run, Family Friendly Lodge, located on scenic Highway 4 near Bear Valley and 22 miles east of Arnold, 3 miles west of Bear Valley Village. Easy access off Highway 4. Close to beautiful Lake Alpine, Big Trees State Park, Pacific Crest Trail, Spicer, Utica and Union Reservoirs. OPEN YEAR ROUND.
The Lodge is OPEN and offering 7 Lodge Rooms, 3 Chalet Room, 2 Bunk Rooms, 2 Condo units, 2 Rent a Tent (glamping) and 5 campsites and 1 group campsite. All guest have access to flush toilets, hot showers and FULLY EQUIPPED GUEST KITCHEN included in the room rate or for small fee for campers. There is an optional expanded continental breakfast for $5 per person donation. Served daily from 7 am to 10 am. All rooms are self-serve, meaning that we DO NOT re-enter your room during your stay. If you need extra towels, linens changed or trash removed please inform the innkeeper.
Outside gas BBQ on our back deck is also available, as well as outdoor gas fire place for marshmallow roast!!!
- 5 acres for for picnicking, hiking and playing
- Season Petting Zoo – goats and rabbits
- Season stream
- Rent a bunk room for bad weather option
- Laundry and Dryer
- Optional Breakfast for $5 per person, 7 am to 10 am.
- One night stays OK!!!!
- Fully Equipped Guest Kitchen
- Lodge Rooms, Chalet Rooms, Bunk Rooms, Condo units, Campsite – individual and group, 2 rent a tent (glamping).
- Weddings – self catered.
Join Innkeepers, Vicky and Tim Johnson, this winter at Tamarack Lodge at Bear Valley for your spirit of adventure, love of nature and the outdoors.