SPRING/SUMMER/FALL – 2019
SNO PLAY is NOW OPEN for MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND and on WEEKENDS until all the SNOW MELTS.. Outside area OPEN 10 am to 5 pm daily. $20 per car up to 6 people. Sleds are available for use. Additional people are $5 each. Inside common room, restrooms and picnic area open form 11 am to 4 pm.
New PET FRIENDLY UNITS at Tamarack Lodge! – Barn Condo units are now open for you and your pets. $35 for the first pet and $10 for each additional pet, per night. No pets allowed in the any other buildings. Pets must be under leash and voice control.
Summer Rooms rates range from $79 o $229, double occupancy, each additional child $10 extra and adults $20 extra per night. Price does not reflect 20% hotel taxes and $10 resort fees. No Pets. Optional $5 -$10 breakfast served from 7 am to 10 am. Some weekends and holiday single night stay available for an additional charge ( Lodge Room 3, 6, 7).
or read on for more information or by using our MENU buttons at the top of the page to search for more information…
Spring 2019 — With snow being late this year this is a great time to visit Calaveras Big Trees, the Logging Museum, Lake Alpine and go sledding! Hiking and Biking trails at the higher elevations will be off to a late start this summer but don’t let that stop you from coming to the mountains. You can hike Arnold Rim Trail, Big Trees States or even go snowshoeing! Or visit the logging museum, fish in the freshly melted snow melt of Stanislaus River, Whitepines lake or even Lake Alpine!
Mountain Friendly Tamarack Lodge at Bear Valley– is a Family owned, Family run, Family Friendly Lodge, located on scenic Highway 4 near Bear Valley and 22 miles east of Arnold, 3 miles west of Bear Valley Village. Easy access off Highway 4. Close to beautiful Lake Alpine, Big Trees State Park, Pacific Crest Trail, Spicer, Utica and Union Reservoirs. OPEN YEAR ROUND.
- The Lodge is OPEN YEAR ROUND and offering
- 7 Lodge Rooms (#3 through #9) , with shared bathrooms, separate for men and women. ($99 to $229). Some room adjoin to make family suites.
- 1 Lodge room is a – Sleeping Bags room for the economically minded. Sleep 4 to 5. Bring your own sleeping bags and towels. And rent your own bed ($20 to $40). COED!!!
- 3 Chalet Room (#10, #11, #12), with private bathrooms and one with a kitchenette. ($149 to $229)
- 2 Condo units – Each sleep 6, private bathroom, kitchenette. Extra people accommodated on fold n goes (bring sleeping bags) ($229 to $299) NOW PET Friendly – $35 per night fee.
- 2 Rent a Tent (glamping) Memorial Day to End September. ($69)
- 5 campsites and 1 group campsite. Memorial Day to Columbus Weekend. It does get colder after Labor Day especially at nights. But you can also Snow Camp in the Winter if you choose! ($49 -$159)
- A few RV spots. Bring electrical extension cord and hose for water. ($69)
- Winter Camping for the hardy or Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts! ($10 per scout- leader stays free)
All guest have access to flush toilets, hot showers and FULLY EQUIPPED GUEST KITCHEN included in the room rate or for small fee for campers.
There is an optional expanded continental breakfast for $5 per person donation. Served daily from 7 am to 10 am. All rooms are self-serve, meaning that we DO NOT re-enter your room during your stay. If you need extra towels, linens changed or trash removed please inform the innkeeper.
Outside gas BBQ on our back deck is also available, as well as outdoor gas fire place for marshmallow roast!!!
- 5 acres for for picnicking, hiking and playing
- Season Petting Zoo (Summer only)
- Season stream (Late Spring to Early Summer)
- Rent a bunk room for bad weather option
- Laundry and Dryer
- Optional Breakfast for $5 -$10 per person, 7 am to 10 am.
- One night stays OK!!!! Camping and sleeping bag rooms.
- Fully Equipped Guest Kitchen
- Lodge Rooms, Chalet Rooms, Bunk Rooms, Condo units, Campsite – individual and group, 2 rent a tent (glamping).
- Weddings – self catered (2 night minimum – Total for 2 nights $5000.00 plus taxes and security deposit of $1000 for whole facility- Lodge, chalet and barn units, camping area and up to 100 extra guests)
- Room booked for Winter Weekends, Holiday Weekends and Special Events usually require a 2 night minimum, except for the sleeping bags rooms, campsites and RV space.
Join Innkeepers, Vicky and Tim Johnson, this winter at Tamarack Lodge at Bear Valley for your spirit of adventure, love of nature and the outdoors.