Winter is here! We are so excited to see 4 feet of snow on the ground around Tamarack Lodge at Bear Valley and it is only December 8th! WE are OPEN for LODGING and DAILY SNO-PLAY, Bear Valley Mountain Resort is OPEN, Bear Valley Cross Country is OPEN. Make a reservation online for one of our rooms, via this web site, for a discounted rate so BOOK NOW!
or read on for more information our use our MENU buttons at the top of the page to search for more information…
Mountain Friendly Tamarack Lodge at Bear Valley– is a Family owned, Family run, Family Friendly Lodge, located on scenic Highway 4 near Bear Valley and 22 miles east of Arnold, 3 miles west of Bear Valley Village. Easy access off Highway 4. Close to beautiful Lake Alpine, Big Trees State Park, Pacific Crest Trail, Spicer, Utica and Union Reservoirs. OPEN YEAR ROUND.
- The Lodge is OPEN YEAR ROUND and offering
- 7 Lodge Rooms (#3 through #9) , with shared bathrooms, separate for men and women.
- 3 Chalet Room (#10, #11, #12), with private bathrooms and one with a kitchenette
- 2 Bunk Rooms – mini bunk room sleeps 6, large bunk rooms sleeps 8-10. Bring Sleeping Bags. Shared bathrooms with lodge rooms.
- 2 Condo units – Each sleep 6, private bathroom, kitchenette. Extra people accommodated on fold n goes (bring sleeping bags)
- 2 Rent a Tent (glamping) Memorial Day to End September.
- 5 campsites and 1 group campsite. Memorial Day to Columbus Weekend. It does get colder after Labor Day especially at nights. But you can also Snow Camp in the Winter if you choose!
- A few RV spots. Bring electrical extension cord and hose for water.
- Winter Camping for the hardy or Boy Scouts!
All guest have access to flush toilets, hot showers and FULLY EQUIPPED GUEST KITCHEN included in the room rate or for small fee for campers.
There is an optional expanded continental breakfast for $5 per person donation. Served daily from 7 am to 10 am. All rooms are self-serve, meaning that we DO NOT re-enter your room during your stay. If you need extra towels, linens changed or trash removed please inform the innkeeper.
Outside gas BBQ on our back deck is also available, as well as outdoor gas fire place for marshmallow roast!!!
- 5 acres for for picnicking, hiking and playing
- Season Petting Zoo (Summer only)
- Season stream (Late Spring to Early Summer)
- Rent a bunk room for bad weather option
- Laundry and Dryer
- Optional Breakfast for $5 per person, 7 am to 10 am.
- One night stays OK!!!! Camping and Bunk Rooms.
- Fully Equipped Guest Kitchen
- Lodge Rooms, Chalet Rooms, Bunk Rooms, Condo units, Campsite – individual and group, 2 rent a tent (glamping).
- Weddings – self catered (2 night minimum)
- Room booked for Winter Weekends, Holiday Weekends and Special Events usually require a 2 night minimum, except for the bunk rooms.
Join Innkeepers, Vicky and Tim Johnson, this winter at Tamarack Lodge at Bear Valley for your spirit of adventure, love of nature and the outdoors.