Tamarack Lodge at Bear Valley is a 3 building lodge located immediately off Highway 4 in the Hamlet of Tamarack 2.5 miles west of Bear Valley Village. If you reach Tamarack Pines Inn you have gone too far east up the Highway towards Bear Valley Village.
Best map address to use for online searches is;
18278 Highway 4, Bear Valley, CA 95223
Midway between Lake Tahoe and Yosemite on National Scenic Byway Highway 4,
see http://www.scenic4.org/, at an elevation of 7000 ft.
- 37 miles east of Murphy’s on Highway 4
- 22 miles east of Arnold on Highway 4
- 50 miles (approx) west of Markleeville and Grover Hot Springs
Distances to the following locations:
- 20 miles east of Big Trees State Park on Highway 4.
- 2 1/2 miles west of Bear Valley Village on Highway 4.
- 5 miles west of Lake Alpine on Highway 4.
- 5 miles west of Bear Valley Downhill Ski Area.
- 22 miles west of Ebbetts Pass/Pacific Crest Trail on Highway 4.
Cal Trans Road Conditions – Click this link to access Cal Trans Road Web page-Type in Highway 4