Tamarack Lodge at Bear Valley, a family fun, family friendly,
BOOK ONLINE through this website and get the best rate for the day!
- Extra people in the rooms $10 – $20 each per night.
- Option expanded continental breakfast for $5 per person.
- Large fully equipped guest kitchen
- Use of sledding area
- Inside kids play are with ping pong table
- FREE sleds and snowshoe use (winter)
- FREE gold pan use, kids sandpit, horseshoe, BBQ and deck area (summer)
- Book now online for our lowest rates.
More about the lodge:
Tamarack Lodge is the only Bed and Breakfast in Bear Valley area. We cater to individuals, families and groups (10 – 35). Tamarack Lodge has the convenience of having a guest kitchen so that all guests have the opportunity to cook homemade meals or eat at Bear Valley Lodge Creek-side Dinning Room or Bar (call for hours 209-753-2327 – during of the off season sometimes they have reduced hours).
We are closest lodging to Spicer, Utica and Union Reservoirs, Wolfboro Boy Scouts Camp and only 6 miles from Lake Alpine for fishing, biking, hiking, kayaking, canoeing and boating activities. 6 miles from Bear Valley Mountain Resort for skiing and snowboarding. Sledding hill on site for guest to enjoy with complimentary use of sleds and snowshoes. Day visitor are welcome with a $10 per car parking fee and can enjoy the Lodge for a picnic.
Tamarack Lodge is located in the Central High Sierra’s, just 2 1/2 miles west of Bear Valley Village or 22 miles east of the town of Arnold. Right off the Highway 4 with drive up access to the the Lodge, Back Chalet, Camping, RV parking.
- Main Lodge Rooms with shared bathroom down hallway (sleep 2-6)
- Back Chalet room w/ private bathroom. (sleep 2-3(4- with a sleeping bag)
- Back Chalet Kitchenette unit (sleeps 2-5)
- Bunk Room – bring your own sleeping bag and towels (sleeps up to 12)
- Day Visitors are welcome but are expected to pay $20 per car for parking, FOR USE OF sled/sled hill use, snowshoe use in the winter or inside common room and wifi picnic area, BBQ and Deck in the summer. This fee simply takes care of snow removal for parking and general equipment maintenance for snow play to take place during the winter and fuel of gas for the BBQ and Deck use in the summer. Tamarack Lodge at Bear Valley is a private lodge and everyone sleds, snowshoes and plays at your own risk.
Come on up and stay at Tamarack Lodge a Family run, Family Friendly Bed and Breakfast located just 3 miles from Bear Valley on scenic Highway 4. This historic yet remodeled lodge is designed for your comfort. It has a little bit of everything for a little bit of everyone.
The Main Lodge
8 Economy rooms (sleep 2 to 4) in the Main Lodge with shared bathrooms – spacious, clean and functional. Access to all common area’s including full use of the guest kitchen. Breakfast included.
The Back Chalet
- 3 Private Bathroom Units (sleep 3 to 5) located in the Back Chalet are more secluded and suited for individuals, couples, or small families who want a little bit more privacy yet still have the convenience of complete access to the common area’s of the Main Lodge. One unit has a kitchenette.
The Main Lodge, and Back Chalet, at Tamarack Lodge at Bear Valley – Small and Large Group Accommodation.
- Large Groups are invited to visit the Group Lodging page for prices on renting the whole Main Lodge, Back Chalet – up to 35 people!
Tamarack Lodge is located at 7000 ft elevation on National Scenic Highway 4 near Bear Valley.
It is only 6 miles from Bear Valley Ski Area and 2 1/2 miles from Bear Valley Village.
All room reservations will have access to the Main Lodge ground floor common areas which include –
- Coin operated washer and dryer
- Children’s Playroom
- Large Lounge with propane fireplace
- Pay telephone access
- Dish network TV , DVD and Video
- BUNK ROOM – sleep up to 12 (bring sleeping bags)
- Fully equipped Guest Kitchen
- Large Men and Women’s bathrooms both upstairs and downstairs
- DSL Wifi accessibility.
- Our Guest Kitchen is available for all guests who want to provide for some of their own meals and avoid expensive “eating out” in local restaurants.
- Daily Marshmallow roasts